Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm not saying....




it'll happen, but if Appy pulls out the win here, I think the NCAA Div 1 FCS/FBS sub league of extraordinary gentlemen will need to think long and hard about where we are in the terms of parity today.

If I'm the NCAA, I'm begging and pleading with LSU to drop this one. I don't think ASU will win it, but the fact that they're just scary enough TO POSSIBLY win it should be enough reason for them not to play it.

The first thing I thought of when I read that was Rocky II when Duke says,

"He's all wrong for us, baby. I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man kept coming after you. Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

A team like Appalachian State is all wrong for the big dogs in division 1. They have a lot of talent, speed (which as it turns out, kills), and good coaching, and most frighteningly, heart. Teams that are good enough to pull of that win are scary enough. One with the heart and desire to do it should scare the poop out of LSU and the NCAA.

I'm not saying LSU should drop them, as that would poonesque. But they're a team I don't really want to play. Ever.

No comments: